St. Andrew’s is seeking a motivated, innovative, and engaging individual to form all members of our parish community in the Episcopal faith. The Director for Christian Formation develops and implements Christian formation programs at St. Andrew’s, including weekly worship for young children, regular programming for youth, and formation offerings for adults.
- Grow a strong community of faith with the adults, children and families of the parish
- Build exciting and flexible new programs suited for a small but growing parish that encourage a lifelong relationship with Christ
- Develop and lead the following:
- The Family Service of the Word on Sunday mornings (Pre-K through 5th grade)
- Youth group programming on a consistent to-be-determined schedule (middle school youth)
- Confirmation preparation classes every other year, in coordination with our bi-annual Bishop’s Visitation (high school youth)
- Adult formation classes, offered quarterly as multi-week series (adults)
- Oversee and assist with children’s engagement in annual events, including the Christmas Eve service, the Easter Egg hunt, and the Community Picnic
- Build relationships with parish members to understand their interests and pastoral needs
- Communicate weekly with our community on formation via the parish e-newsletter
- Work collaboratively with the rector or wardens, parish staff, and lay volunteers to support the faith formation of all members of the parish community
- A passion for parish-wide ministry, from adults to children and youth, and an ability to engage our community
- Creativity, a sense of humor, resourcefulness, and a willingness to explore new ideas
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Must pass background screening and required child safety trainings
This is a part-time, non-exempt position of 20 hours per week. Starting salary is $33,000. Retirement and continuing education benefits are included. Interested persons are asked to email a cover letter, resume, and two references to Sarah Wronsky. You can reach her via email to our Parish Administrator (email@example.com). This position will be open until filled.
About St. Andrew’s
Located in northern Arlington, St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church is a vibrant pastoral-size parish, committed to welcoming all, equipping our members to grow in their faith journey, and caring for those in Arlington and beyond. We are a community that celebrates children’s wriggly participation in worship and in the life of the church, and we are committed to growing the formation of our older youth and adults.