St. Andrew’s is seeking a motivated, innovative, and energetic individual to form our children, youth, and their families in the Episcopal faith. The Director of Family Ministries creates and leads weekly worship for children and their families, oversees youth formation, and supports initiatives that enable children and youth to engage meaningfully in the life of the parish.
- Build relationships with families of children and teens to understand their interests and pastoral needs
- Plan and lead weekly Family Service of the Word, including selecting age-appropriate themes, music, and activities (Pre-K through 5th grade)
- Provide support to youth group ministry by resourcing youth group leaders (middle school youth)
- Lead confirmation preparation classes every other year (high school youth)
- Coordinate kid-friendly activities for all-parish events
- Communicate weekly with families via the parish e-newsletter
- Work collaboratively with the rector, parish staff, and lay volunteers
- A passion for ministry to children and youth and an ability to engage their family members
- Creativity, a sense of humor, and a willingness to experiment and explore new ideas
- Proficiency with online ministry resources
- Must pass background screening and required child safety trainings
This is a part-time, non-exempt position of 12 hours per week, with the potential to increase to 15 hours per week as the parish’s needs grow. Starting salary is $18,000. Interested persons are asked to email a cover letter, resume, and three references to The Rev. Dorota Wright-Pruski, Rector, at gro.n1696280880otgni1696280880lrasw1696280880erdna1696280880ts@ro1696280880tcer1696280880 by August 25, 2023.
About St. Andrew’s
Located in northern Arlington, St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church is a vibrant pastoral-size parish, committed to welcoming all, equipping our members to grow in their faith journey, and caring for those in Arlington and beyond. We are a community that celebrates children’s wriggly participation in worship and in the life of the church, and we are committed to welcoming the gifts our young ones bring.